Alright my fellow food enthusiasts! Continuing with my goal of trying at least four new recipes each month, here’s the first one for October. I should be like Sandra Lee, call this one semi-homemade. (Psst, that means it’s easy and quick! Budget friendly too. Sweet.)
Mango pudding! All you need is milk and the mix!
Haha kidding, that doesn’t count. Though I do want to try making mango pudding from scratch one of these days.
COOL WHIP COOKIES! Cookies made with cool whip? You got it. And cake mix. I’m calling them cake cookies. :)
For anyone that’s interested. Here’s the recipe!
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 (18.25 oz) lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Beat the cool whip and eggs together. Add the lemon cake mix and continue to mix. The dough will be thick.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners’ sugar and roll to coat. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. They will expand, so leave space in between the scoops. Bake for 8 minutes or until bottom edges are browning slightly.
*Tips: Crack eggs first to catch any stray eggshell pieces. Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for an hour before coating in sugar; the dough will be easier to handle.
You can also try other flavors of cake mix! I added a dash of vanilla extract. So does this count?
Chill out dough.
Excited that I can peek at what’s baking with my new apartment’s oven!
Sorry blog, I’ve neglected you this past month. *Pats*
Original recipe, Cool Whip Cookies, from allrecipes.com.